Friday, 16 December 2011

A Hundred Years of Radio

Just a bit of festive fun. In 2008, short of a decent idea to fill a festive programme on BBC Radio Nottingham, I produced this indulgent two hour show reflecting the history of radio. Hear crazy bits of audio, interspersed with songs sung by disc jockeys; and their theme tunes too (although I have hurriedly edited out the middles of those - and indeed the news, travel and promos). It's in three interminable parts. It was live at the time: just hear me almost crash the pips; and talk about footy as if I know what I'm talking about. Ah well.

Click and play!

A Hundred Years of Radio - Part One of Three (mp3)

A Hundred Years of Radio - Part Two of Three (mp3)

A Hundred Years of Radio - Part Three of Three (mp3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday

As 'Miss Snobb and Class 3C'  chorused the coda  on Wizzard’s ‘ I Wish it Could be Christmas Everyday ’  for the first time...